Imagine getting free clothes, free travel, free hair styling, make up, accessories and being invited to fashion events and making money by promoting brands. Yes you read that right. Start a fashion Blog and it is possible.
But “How to Start a Fashion Blog and Make Money?”
Wardrobe brimming with all the stylish clothes, Walking down the red carpet, surrounded by swarms of people, clicking you at every step you take, adoring your fashion style is a deep rooted dream of everyone. Are you the one doling out fashion advice to people or who people take along every time they shop? Do you cringe when someone wears bright orange pants or when someone is overdressed as per the occasion?
If so, then you have what it takes to being a Fashion Blogger.
It’s the obvious question, “How to start a fashion Blog” and “How to get paid to blog”?
Being a Fashion Blogger, managing a Lifestyle Blog is a must have for everyone who wants to enter the fashion sphere.
After all, it’s a form of networking—a way to showcase your style, establish yourself as an expert, reach global audience and build influence in the fashion world.
Here’s how you can create a Blog- Fashion Blog
How to Start a Blog on Fashion| Step by Step Guide for Beginners
1. Get A Domain Name for Your Fashion Blog
Come up with a domain name that reflects what you want to accomplish with your blog. Is it going to be like a personal fashion journal, or are you going to professionally blog about the latest fashion trends? Pick up a memorable domain name with .com extension. Consider the following points when choosing a Domain name for your fashion Blog-
Keep it short and catchy- Don’t overcrowd your domain name with keywords as long domain names are difficult to remember. If you want your Blog name to be searchable, then keep it short, connecting and easy to remember.
Keep it Specific- Unless you come up with a very witty name for your Fashion Blog or you already have an established Brand name, select a domain name in accordance with the blogs you will be posting about to increase the search probabilities of your Fashion Blog.
Easy to spell- Choose something which is appealing yet simple. Of what use is the domain name “Mississippifashion.com”? (even Google will say, “Spare me”)
2. Choose a Web Host for your Fashion Blog
If you are serious about making income from your Blog, choose a company that doesn’t just host your website but is reliable, faster and helps you manage your data for your fashion blog, as your web host is a place where all the data of your Blog including the images, videos, files, content etc are stored online. viaENS has been managing Blogging Technology and Education for the aspiring Bloggers for the last 3 years. viaENS provides fully Managed WordPress services along with a strong back-end technical support at an annual package of mere Re. 1/ hour.
3. Integrate Domain name with Hosting
Next step is to integrate your domain name with your Web host. With viaENS, you don’t have to worry about any of the above mentioned steps. You just have to submit a request along with your chosen Domain name (that should be available) and your blog with everything pre integrated and pre installed will be delivered to you.
After Integration install your preferred CMS (I highly recommend WordPress) and the essential WordPress Plugins.
Must have plugins and tools for Fashion Blog
- JetPack– It can be considered as a Mega- Plugin which further is a collection of various plugins that optimizes the performance of your site.
- WP SEO by Yoast- Install this Plugin after your blog goes live, to optimize your blog post for search engines.
- SEMrush- This plugin will help you find the top keywords related to fashion industry that you can use in your Blog posts for better searchability and optimization which will drive more traffic to your blog. This will also help you in analysis of the best performing keywords of your competitors and give you an insight of their blog traffic.
- W3 Total Cache- The lower the site load time, the lower is the bounce rate of the visitors. For a successful fashion blog that is both reader friendly and search crawlers friendly, use W3 Total Cache Plugin. Other Caching Plugin include WP Super Cache, W3 Total Cache, Lazy Load, etc that reduces excessive load times and improves your site’s speed.
- Akismet– It is an anti-spam plugin that blocks spam comments.
After Installing WordPress, you can get a professional design for your fashion Blog. To make your site mobile friendly, install a theme that is mobile responsive. Yes there are choices.
To quadruple the impact of your Fashion Blog, get a logo for your blog. Also try to create a tagline that works well with the vision of your Fashion Blog.
Set up your presence on social Media and keep the these platforms active. Feed quality content to your Visitors. For increased Visibility, try to get the profile name similar to your Blog.
And……. You’re done.
Your Fashion Blog is lit and all set to Roll.
Your content should be ‘Tailor made’ as per the targeted audience. With the perfect fusion of fashion and passion, carrying the Blog up your sleeve, you are ready to make a mark in the fashion industry.
Google is inundating with hundreds of thousands of fashion blogs, but there’s only one you, the unique you, so make your web presence a reflection of all of the fibers (clothing and otherwise) that make you who you are.